- Submit an issue on the Issues page
Issues and Pull Requests
If you are considering a pull request, you may want to open an issue first to discuss with the maintainer(s).
- Fork this repo to your GitHub account
- Clone your version on your account down to your machine from your account, e.g,.
git clone https://github.com/<yourgithubusername>/phylogram.git
- Make sure to track progress upstream (i.e., on our version of
ropensci/phylogram) by doing
git remote add upstream https://github.com/ropensci/phylogram.git. Before making changes make sure to pull changes in from upstream by doing either
git fetch upstreamthen merge later or
git pull upstreamto fetch and merge in one step
- Make your changes (bonus points for making changes on a new feature branch - see https://guides.github.com/introduction/flow/ for how to contribute by branching, making changes, then submitting a pull request)
- Push up to your account
- Submit a pull request to home base (likely master branch, but check to make sure) at
Check out our discussion forum if you think your issue requires a longer form discussion.
Prefer to Email?
Email the person listed as maintainer in the
DESCRIPTION file of this repo.
Though note that private discussions over email don’t help others - of course email is totally warranted if it’s a sensitive problem of any kind.