- fix a broken test on cran (#128)
CRAN release: 2020-04-08
CRAN release: 2019-05-03
preserve_exact_body_bytesfor tests for plosabstract and plosfigtabcaps to avoid non-ascii text problems on debian clang devel (#125)
CRAN release: 2018-08-14
CRAN release: 2018-07-19
CRAN release: 2017-11-03
- Now using
solriumfor under the hood Solr interaction instead of
- Along with above change, the following:
verbose, and gain parameters
proxyfor changing how verbose error reporting is, and for setting proxy details, respectively.
- Now using
httrfor HTTP requests (#110)
CRAN release: 2016-11-23
- URLs to full text XML have been changed - old URLs were working but were going through 2 302 redirects to get there. Updated URLs. (#107)
CRAN release: 2016-07-22
- Added notes to documentation for relavant functions for how to do phrase searching. (#96) (#97) thanks @poldham
- Removed parameter
citations()function as it’s no longer available in the API (#103)
- Swapped out all uses of
full_text_urls()now gives back
NAwhen DOIs for annotations are given, which can be easily removed.
CRAN release: 2016-02-16
CRAN release: 2015-09-16
solrdependency to require version
v0.1.6or less (#94)
CRAN release: 2015-08-05
- More tests added (#94)
CRAN release: 2015-07-01
- Now importing non-Base R functions from
- Fixes for
rploswhen length 0 list passed to
CRAN release: 2015-04-28
.Rbuildignoreas requested by CRAN admin (#87)
CRAN release: 2015-01-23
- API key no longer required (#86)
searchplos()now returns a list of length two,
metais a data.frame of metadata for the search.
- Switched from CC0 to MIT license.
- No longer importing libraries
stringr(#79) (#82) (#84)
- Now importing
jsonlitefrom Suggests to Imports. Replaces use of
crossref()now defunct. See package
solr::solr_highlight()to do highlight searches.
plosabstract(), and other functions that wrap
...to pass in curl options to
httr::GET(). You’ll now get an error on using
- Added manual file entry for the dataset
- Reworked both
plot_throughtime()to have far less code, uses
httrnow instead of
RCurl, but to the user, everything should be the same.
- Made documentation more clear on discrepancy between PLOS website behavior and
rplosbehavior, and how to make them match, or match more closely (#76)
- Added package level man file to allow
?rplosto go to help page.
CRAN release: 2014-05-14
- Errors from the data provider are reported now. At least we attempt to do so when they are given, for example if you specify
descincorrectly with the
sortparameter. See the
check_response()function https://github.com/ropensci/rplos/blob/master/tests/testthat/test-check_response.R for examples.
- New functions
solrR wrapper to the Solr indexing engine. The PLOS API just exposes the Solr endpoints, so we can use the general Solr wrapper package
solrto allow more flexible Solr searching.
- New function
highbrow()to visualize highlighting results in a browser.
- New function
plos_fulltext()to get full text xml of PLOS articles. Helper function
full_text_urls()constructs the URL’s for full text xml.
- Fixed bug in tests where we forgot to give a key. No key is required per se, but PLOS encourages it so we prevent a call from happening without at least a dumby key.
- Added function
check_response()to check responses from the PLOS API, deals with capturing server error messages, and checking for correct content type, etc.
- Removed function
crossref_r()as we are working on a package for the CrossRef API.
- Parameter arguments in
plostitle()were changed to match closer the Solr parameter names.
- Multiple values passed to
returndfparameter is gone from
plostitle(). You can easily get raw JSON, etc. data using the
- Now using
CRAN release: 2013-11-12
- All search functions (searchplos(), plosabstract(), plosauthor(), plosfigtabcaps(), plossubject(), and plostitle()) gain highlighting argument, setting to TRUE (default=FALSE) returns matching sentence fragments that were matched. NOTE that if highlighting=TRUE the output can be a list of data.frame’s if returndf=TRUE, with two named elements ‘data’ and ‘highlighting’, or a list of lists if returndf=FALSE.
- All search functions (searchplos(), plosabstract(), plosauthor(), plosfigtabcaps(), plossubject(), and plostitle()) gain sort argument. You can pass a field to sort by even if you don’t return that field in the output, e.g., sort=‘counter_total_month desc’.
- A tiny function parsehighlight() added to parse out html code from highlighting output.
- Some examples in docs didn’t work - fixed them.
- Fixed bug in searchplos() that was causing elements of a return field to cause failure because they were longer than 1 (e.g., authors). Now concatenating elements of length > 1.
- Fixed bug in searchplos() that was causing elements of length 0 to cause failure. Now removing elements of length 0.
- Fixed parsehighlight function to return NA if highlighting return of length 0.
- Fixed broken test for plosauthor(), plosabstract(), and plot_throughtime().
CRAN release: 2013-09-18
- Added httr::stop_for_status() calls to a few functions to give informative http status errors when they happen
- Fixed bug in plot_throughtime() that was throwing errors and preventing fxn from working, thanks to Ben Bolker for the fix.
- Simplified code in many functions to have cleaner and simpler code.
- … parameter in many functions changed to callopts=list(), which passes in curl options to a call to either RCurl::getForm() or httr::GET()
- Fixed bug in function plosviews() that caused errors in some calls. Now forces full document searches, so that you get views data back for full papers only, not sections of papers. See package alm (https://github.com/ropensci/alm) for more in depth PLOS article-level metrics.
CRAN release: 2013-08-13
- All functions for interacting with the PLOS ALM (altmetrics) API have been removed, and are now in a separate package called alm (http://github.com/ropensci/alm).
- Convenience functions
plostitle, that search specifically within those sections of papers now wrap
searchplos, so they should behave the same way.
- ldfast() fxn added as an attempt to do ldply faster
- performance improvements in searchplos
CRAN release: 2013-03-27
almdateupdatedfunction has been deprecated - use
articlelengthfunction has been deprecated - didn’t see the usefulness any longer.
In general simplified and prettified code.
Changed from using RCurl to httr in many functions, but not all.
Added more examples for many functions.
Added three internal functions:
Added Karthik Ram as a package author.
urlarguments in functions put inside functions as they are not likely to change that often.
crossreffunction, and added more examples.
almplosallviews) gains many ### new features: now allows up to 50 DOIs per call; you can specify the source you want to get alm data from as an argument; you can specify the year you want to get alm data from as an argument.
Added the plosfields data file to get all the possible fields to use in function calls.
almeventsadded to specifically search and get detailed events data for a specific source or N sources.
crossref_rgets 20 random DOIs from Crossref.org.
Added package startup message.
journalnamekeyfunction to get the short name keys for each PLoS Journal.
ALM functions (any functions starting with alm) received updated arguments/parameters according to the ALM API version 3.0 changes.
Bug fixes in general across library.
almplosallviewsnow outputs different output - two data.frames, one total metrics (summed across time), and history (for metrics for each time period specified in the search)
crossreffunction returns R’s native bibtype format. See examples in
CRAN release: 2012-02-19
changed help file
help- use help(‘rplos’) in R
added sleep argument to
plosallviewsfunction to allow pauses between API calls when running
plosallviewsin a loop - this is an attempt to limit hitting the PLoS API too hard
various other fixed to functions
more examples added to some functions