CRAN release: 2018-03-29
- New vignette demonstrating the package’s functionality (#40).
- Additions and clarifications to documentation following @AndySouth’s suggestions for JOSS peer review (#38).
us_cities()now returns an
sfobject rather than a data frame (#36).
statesargument to match other functions in the package (#35).
- Citation to JOSS paper.
CRAN release: 2021-10-12
- Update all data files to use current version of
- Update Census Bureau data from 2016 to 2020.
- Remove the
us_boundaries()function was a needless wrapper around other functions.
- Prompt user to install data package rather than installing it for them.
CRAN release: 2017-07-08
- Moved most data to USAboundariesData. This improves loading time and permits more frequent updates to the user-facing package.
- Added state plane projections table and functions (@jfbratt). Now users can get an appropriate projection for a state.
- Converted all boundary objects to
- Updated all contemporary census boundaries from the 2014 to the 2016 versions.
- Added zipcode tabulation area centroids.
- Added historical city populations compiled by Erik Steiner at CESTA/Stanford University.
CRAN release: 2016-01-04
- Added contemporary boundaries for states, counties, and congressional districts.
- Import many fewer packages. The
us_boundaries()function no longer has an option to return a fortified data frame. It is assumed that users will convert the
SpatialPolygonsDataFrameobjects to whatever format they need.
- High resolution data is now available in the USAboundariesData package.