CRAN release: 2022-09-09
- patch for
local_db()by defaulting path to subdir.
- update roxygen
CRAN release: 2022-02-15
- Added window-parallel option for ark’ing large tables in parallel
- More conditional testing on M1/arm Mac
CRAN release: 2021-10-18
- Patch for test suite for Solaris.
arrowpackage installs on Solaris, but functions do not actually run correctly since the C++ libraries have not been set up properly on Solaris.
CRAN release: 2021-10-15
- Added ability to name output files directly.
- Add warning when users specify compression for parquet files.
- Added callback functionality to the
arkfunction. Allowing users to perform transformations or recodes before chunked data.frames are saved to disk.
- Added ability to filter databases by allowing users to specify a “WHERE” clause.
- Added parquet as an streamable_table format, allowing users to
arkto parquet instead of a text format.
CRAN release: 2021-03-13
- Make cached connection opt-out instead of applying only to read_only. This allows cache to work on read-write connections by default. This also avoids the condition of a connection being garbage-collected when functions call local_db internally.
CRAN release: 2021-03-05
- Better handling of read_only vs read_write connections. Only caches read_only connections.
- Includes optional support for MonetDBLite
CRAN release: 2020-09-18
- Support vroom as an opt-in streamable table
- Add mechanism to attempt a bulk importer, when available (#27)
- Bugfix for case when text contains
#characters in base parser (#28)
- Lighten core dependencies. Fully recursive dependencies include only 4 non-base packages now, as
progressis now optional.
- Use “magic numbers” instead of extensions to guess compression type. (NOTE: requires that file is local and not a URL)
- Now that
duckdbis on CRAN and
MonetDBLiteisn’t, drop built-in support for
MonetDBLitein favor of
CRAN release: 2018-10-31
keep-openmethod would cut off header names for Postgres connections (due to variation in the behavior of SQL queries with
LIMIT 0.) The issue is now resolved by accessing the header in a more robust, general way.
CRAN release: 2018-09-27
unark()will strip out non-compliant characters in table names by default.
unark()gains the optional argument
tablenames, allowing the user to specify the corresponding table names manually, rather than enforcing they correspond with the incoming file names. #18
unark()gains the argument
encoding, allowing users to directly set the encoding of incoming files. Previously this could only be set by setting
options(encoding), which will still work as well. See
examplesfor an illustration.
unark()will now attempt to guess which streaming parser to use (e.g
tsv) based on the file extension pattern, rather than defaulting to a
ark()still defaults to exporting in the more portable
CRAN release: 2018-09-11
- Remove dependency on utils::askYesNo for backward compatibility, #17
CRAN release: 2018-08-20
- Ensure the suggested dependency MonetDBLite is available before running unit test using it.
CRAN release: 2018-08-20
- Overwrite existing tables of same name (with warning and interactive proceed) in both DB and text-files to avoid appending.