CRAN release: 2020-09-22
- Changed to comply with CRAN policies for API packages. Tests that do connect to Project Gutenberg are skipped on CRAN, and are supplemented with tests that mock the connection.
- This adds a files argument to gutenberg_download that is generally used only for testing.
- Made changes to work with dplyr 1.0.0, removing filter_ and distinct_.
- Fixed links to https
CRAN release: 2019-09-10
CRAN release: 2018-01-26
- Added curl to SUGGESTS, since if it’s not installed
CRAN release: 2017-06-19
- The Project Gutenberg mirror in Maryland Public Libraries (http://www.gutenberg.lib.md.us) has been broken for months. When it is provided from robot/harvest, replaces with
- Changed test of .zip capability not to run on CRAN
- Removed rvest dependency
CRAN release: 2016-06-24
- Made compatible with change to
distinctin dplyr 0.5 (which is about to be submitted to CRAN)
- Removed xml2 dependency
CRAN release: 2016-05-16
- Transferred repo ownership to ropenscilabs
- The license was changed from MIT to GPL-2. This is based on the realization that the catalog data is licensed under the GPL, and the package includes a processed version of the catalog data. (See here).
- Updated datasets to 5/5/2016 and added a “date_updated” attribute to tell when they were last updated
gutenberg_works, allowing fine-grained control of languages. (For example, “either English or French” or “both English and French”)
- Changed get_gutenberg_mirror to use xml2 directly, in order to handle AppVeyor
- Removed use of data() in
gutenberg_works, since it slows down
- Various documentation, vignette, and README adjustments in response to ROpenSci feedback.
- Added AppVeyor for Windows continuous integration
- Added code coverage information through codecov.io and covr, along with tests to improve coverage
CRAN release: 2016-05-03
- First version of package, including
gutenberg_downloadfunction, for downloading one or more works from Project Gutenberg using Gutenberg IDs
- Datasets of Project Gutenberg metadata:
gutenberg_worksfunction to retrieve filtered version of
- Introductory vignette including basic examples of downloading books
- Unit tests for
- Added a
NEWS.mdfile to track changes to the package.