- Changed to comply with CRAN policies for API packages. Tests that do connect to Project Gutenberg are skipped on CRAN, and are supplemented with tests that mock the connection.
- This adds a files argument to gutenberg_download that is generally used only for testing.
- Made changes to work with dplyr 1.0.0, removing filter_ and distinct_.
- Fixed links to https
- Make compatible with tidyr v1.0.0
- data_frame is deprecated, use tibble (thanks @evanodell for #21)
- ROpenSci updates to README (thanks @maelle for #23)
- The Project Gutenberg mirror in Maryland Public Libraries (http://www.gutenberg.lib.md.us) has been broken for months. When it is provided from robot/harvest, replaces with
- Changed test of .zip capability not to run on CRAN
- Removed rvest dependency
- Made compatible with change to
distinct in dplyr 0.5 (which is about to be submitted to CRAN)
- Removed xml2 dependency
- Transferred repo ownership to ropenscilabs
- The license was changed from MIT to GPL-2. This is based on the realization that the catalog data is licensed under the GPL, and the package includes a processed version of the catalog data. (See here).
- Updated datasets to 5/5/2016 and added a “date_updated” attribute to tell when they were last updated
only_languages arguments to
gutenberg_works, allowing fine-grained control of languages. (For example, “either English or French” or “both English and French”)
- Changed get_gutenberg_mirror to use xml2 directly, in order to handle AppVeyor
- Removed use of data() in
gutenberg_works, since it slows down
gutenberg_works about 2X
- Various documentation, vignette, and README adjustments in response to ROpenSci feedback.
- Added AppVeyor for Windows continuous integration
- Added code coverage information through codecov.io and covr, along with tests to improve coverage
- First version of package, including
gutenberg_download function, for downloading one or more works from Project Gutenberg using Gutenberg IDs
- Datasets of Project Gutenberg metadata:
gutenberg_works function to retrieve filtered version of
- Introductory vignette including basic examples of downloading books
- Unit tests for
- Added a
NEWS.md file to track changes to the package.