get_*()functions now return
soils_query()to avoid namespace masking with SoilDB.
get_nass_cdl()to retrieve the NASS Cropland Data Layer
get_daymet()to pull from ORNL WCS, and fixed bug in Issue #49
- Fixed issue where
soils_query()was only returning first SSURGO study area (Issue #51)
- Fixed issue where date parsing was USA-specific by leveraging
get_ssurgo()now saves in the GeoPackage file format
get_nhd()now access ESRI web services. Users can optionally get data from NHDPlus.
get_nlcd()now provides data in native CRS (CONUS Albers), rather than web-mercator (Issue #77) by pulling from self-hosted Cloud-Optimized GeoTiffs.
- Added Mesa Verde National Park as exemplar region, and removed use of
get_ned()now pulls from USGS NED Cloud-Optimized GeoTiffs available at https://prd-tnm.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=StagedProducts/Elevation/.
CRAN release: 2019-04-22
- Removing many internet resource tests from CRAN, to satisfy: ‘Packages which use Internet resources should fail gracefully with an informative message if the resource is not available (and not give a check warning nor error).’
CRAN release: 2019-01-11
- Built-in access to the Soils Data Analysis query service to remove dependency on soilDB package.
CRAN release: 2018-08-09
- Fixed issue (#41) that occurs when mosaicking NLCD tiles that are not cropped. When they aren’t cropped, the NLCD data is never read into memory, and the temporary file that the raster was created from gets destroyed. Solution: Force NLCD data into memory prior to mosaicking.
- Added (non-CRAN) test for issue #41
CRAN release: 2018-03-12
- Updated NHD HUC4 to copy stored on Github.
- Fixed bug in ITRDB that caused some chronologies not to be read.
CRAN release: 2018-01-24
- Switch to laze-loading data.
- Updated NHD paths to new National Map directory structure.
CRAN release: 2017-11-20
- SSURGO fixed test where supplying an unavailable survey area now returns NULL instead of an error.
- SSURGO zip directory encoding changes as of late October 2017 forced changes in the FedData:::get_ssurgo_study_area function.
- Fixed issue where NHD template wouldn’t load because they added a jpeg preview to the directory.
CRAN release: 2017-08-18
- DAYMET functions now do not operate in parallel. This was breaking the download functions.
- Final update for version 2 of FedData.
- Accepted to ROpenSci! Migrating to the ROpenSci organization on GitHub.
- writeOGR for SSURGO and NHD were failing on Windows when the
extraction.dirincluded a trailing slash. Paths are now normalized to remove the trailing slash.
- Updated the
get_nedfunction to provide more useful errors and warnings when downloads are unsuccessful.
- Added pkgdown site.
- SSURGO functions (e.g.,
get_ssurgo) now doesn’t bomb on large (> 1 billion sq meter) requests. Now, the area of interest is broken into smaller chunks to build the download list.