CRAN release: 2020-02-17
- Initial CRAN release
- Publication of accompanying paper in the Journal of Open Source Software that can be cited in papers using osfr, see
osfr is now part of rOpenSci and the documentation website has moved to a new URL: https://docs.ropensci.org/osfr.
- The getting started vignette was overhauled to better leverage multi-file transfers and is now precomputed
- Encoded HTML symbols in node titles are now handled properly (#117)
recursivebeen renamed to
recursein order to be consistent with other functions
- Internal links now point to the ropensci repository and new documentation URL
- Fix project creation on windows (#110)
- Fix tests when PAT is undefined
osf_upload() are now vectorized, making the process of adding files to or retrieving files from OSF much more convenient. This functionality required significant refactoring and brings with it several notable breaking changes (see below).
overwriteargument has been replaced with
conflicts, which can be set to
nameargument has been removed, so it is no longer possible to upload a file and change it’s OSF name.
pathargument must point to an existing directory where all downloaded files will be saved.
decompressargument has been removed. The zip file downloaded from OSF is always decompressed in a temp directory where the enclosed files are selectively copied to the specified
- Better error message when user attempts to upload directly to a file (#102, @tiernanmartin).
- crul v0.7.4 is now the minimum required version.
- The waterbutler client will now re-attempt failed requests 3 times.
- Consolidated internal client constructors.
- Increased wait time on travis to avoid time outs during testing.
- Listing files within a specified
pathwould fail if sibling directories shared a common substring in their names (#95)
verbose=TRUEnow works properly for
- A startup message is printed when
- Improved documentation for
n_max, GUIDs and the mysterious
- Minor tweaks to the website
osf_retrieve_file()will no longer retrieve files on 3rd-party storage providers, since other osfr functions currently only support OSF storage
NOTE: This version of osfr is a rewrite of the original codebase. It is effectively an entirely different package and provides no backwards compatibility with functions in versions < 0.2.0. The last version of the previous package can be installed with the remotes package:
See https://docs.ropensci.org/osfr for details about the new package.