- tibble v3.0.0 is now the minimum required version
- Fixed bug preventing uploads directly to OSF directories that contained conflicting files (#121, #129)
- Add rOpenSci reviewers to DESCRIPTION
- Remove deleted URLs from vignette
- Add badges for zenodo and JOSS
Makefile for common developer tasks
- The getting started vignette was overhauled to better leverage multi-file transfers and is now precomputed
- Encoded HTML symbols in node titles are now handled properly (#117)
recursive been renamed to
recurse in order to be consistent with other functions
- Internal links now point to the ropensci repository and new documentation URL
- New approach uses a file manifest to compare local and remote files
- We now search for conflicting remote files within each directory queued for upload, this avoids the issue reported in (#108, thanks @tpyork)
- Fix project creation on windows (#110)
- Fix tests when PAT is undefined
osf_upload() are now vectorized, making the process of adding files to or retrieving files from OSF much more convenient. This functionality required significant refactoring and brings with it several notable breaking changes (see below).
Other new features
osf_upload() gain the option to display progress bars.
osf_refresh() to update an existing
- Devs can now enable logging API requests and responses by defining
OSF_LOG (see Contributing for more information).
overwrite argument has been replaced with
conflicts, which can be set to
"error" (the default),
name argument has been removed, so it is no longer possible to upload a file and change it’s OSF name.
path argument must point to an existing directory where all downloaded files will be saved.
decompress argument has been removed. The zip file downloaded from OSF is always decompressed in a temp directory where the enclosed files are selectively copied to the specified
- Better error message when user attempts to upload directly to a file (#102, @tiernanmartin).
- crul v0.7.4 is now the minimum required version.
- The waterbutler client will now re-attempt failed requests 3 times.
- Consolidated internal client constructors.
- Increased wait time on travis to avoid time outs during testing.
- Listing files within a specified
path would fail if sibling directories shared a common substring in their names (#95)
verbose=TRUE now works properly for
- A startup message is printed when
OSF_SERVER is defined
- Improved documentation for
n_max, GUIDs and the mysterious
- Failed OSF API requests are now re-attempted 3 times (requires crul v0.7.0)
- Fix incorrect column name in empty
osf_tbls (#88, @machow)
- No longer importing
- Add rOpenSci badge (#89, @maelle)
- Don’t build vignettes on travis
osf_mv() to move files and directories to a new project, component, or subdirectory
osf_rm() can now delete files and directories
Minor improvements and fixes
- Restructured tests to better handle environments in which
OSF_SERVER are not defined
- Minor tweaks to the website
osf_retrieve_file() will no longer retrieve files on 3rd-party storage providers, since other osfr functions currently only support OSF storage
NOTE: This version of osfr is a rewrite of the original codebase. It is effectively an entirely different package and provides no backwards compatibility with functions in versions < 0.2.0. The last version of the previous package can be installed with the remotes package:
See https://docs.ropensci.org/osfr for details about the new package.