- Submit an issue on the Issues page
- Fork this repo to your Github account
- Clone your version on your account down to your machine from your account, e.g,.
git clone https://github.com/<yourgithubusername>/rnoaa.git
- Make sure to track progress upstream (i.e., on our version of
ropensci/rnoaa) by doing
git remote add upstream https://github.com/ropensci/rnoaa.git. Before making changes make sure to pull changes in from upstream by doing either
git fetch upstreamthen merge later or
git pull upstreamto fetch and merge in one step
- Make your changes (bonus points for making changes on a new feature branch)
- Please do write a test(s) for your changes if they affect code and not just docs
- Push up to your account
- Submit a pull request to home base at
Note: Continuous integration checks may fail because secret tokens for the NCDC API are not available in PR’s. Don’t worry about these failures UNLESS they are clearly due to code in your PR.