CRAN release: 2022-11-18
Refactored code for checking arguments and errors, thanks to @jmobrien (#263)
Fixed bug in
include_* = NA, thanks to @jmobrien (#277)
Updated test fixture for new version of vcr
CRAN release: 2022-06-06
list_distribution_links()for more handling of distribution data, thanks to @chrisumphlett and @dsen6644 (#221, #239)
Changed handling of literal
"NA"text input from users so it is no longer converted to an R
NAvalue thanks to @jmobrien (#244)
qualtrics_api_request()to implement consistent API error-handling across all of the functions in the package. They will be retried up to 3 times if there is any non-4xx error. Thanks to @chrisumphlett (#217)
fetch_distributions()for changes to the Qualtrics API, thanks to @chrisumphlett (#250)
CRAN release: 2021-09-14
fetch_description()to download complete survey description metadata from v3 API endpoint (more up-to-date than older
metadata()) thanks to @jmobrien (#207)
- Warn users about possible incorrect results from API when
labelare both FALSE
- Refactor internal URL creation for API calls thanks to @jmobrien (#225)
fetch_id()to return a
surveyIDbased on a unique survey name as it appears in the Qualtrics UI thanks to @markjrieke (#230).
CRAN release: 2021-01-14
fetch_distributions()to access distribution data for a specific survey thanks to @dsen6644 (#169)
- Handle mailing list embedded data better thanks to @dsen6644 (#175)
- Updated links to API documentation
- Create unique column names for questions using
choiceIdthanks to @lyh970817 (#182)
- Fix bug when
include_questionsonly contains one QID thanks to @lyh970817 (#197)
- Generate correct/updated column mapping for survey responses thanks to @jmobrien (#199). These column mappings are available as an attribute on survey results or via the new
CRAN release: 2020-05-22
include_questionsargument to use correct name in API request.
- Build API payloads with jsonlite (#155) thanks to @jmobrien
- Convert tests to webmockr and vcr (#140 and #161) thanks to @shaun-jacks and @dsen6644
- Allow user to specify column types for both
read_survey()(#162) thanks to @jntrcs
CRAN release: 2020-02-24
- For empty surveys, return zero row dataframe (#127)
- Remove unnecessary dependency on yaml and deprecate
qualtRicsConfigFile(), to avoid unexpected behavior
- Deprecate old versions of functions:
- Move to updated version of Qualtrics API (#130) thanks to @jmobrien
- Correctly handle time zone conversions (#137) thanks to @jmobrien
breakout_setsparameter thanks to @shaun-jacks
- Fix bug in
infer_data_types()for answers choices that include HTML
last_responseargument no longer used by API (#153)
CRAN release: 2019-09-23
- Fix bug in
infer_data_types()to avoid errors with factors/numeric values
- Improvements to documentation, error checking
- Allow user to access column mapping for questions and IDs (#115)
registerOptions()to avoid unexpected behavior with options
- Make data import more robust with more condition and error checking, as well as better defaults
CRAN release: 2019-04-12
- New maintainer: Julia Silge
- Add all previous contributors to DESCRIPTION as
- Declare testthat dependency in DESCRIPTION (reason for previous archiving from CRAN)
- Simpler approach for storing API credentials as environment variables with
registerOptions()is now soft deprecated with a warning)
- Simplify README (keep all existing detailed workflow documentation in vignette)
- Relicense from GPL-3 to MIT. See consent from authors here.
- Improvements to documentation throughout
- Renaming (with warnings on old versions) of key functions for clarity and reduction in confusion, plus improvements:
all_surveys()(from old version of
survey_questions()(from old version of
fetch_survey()(from old version of
read_survey()(from old version of
qualtRics 3.0 (2018-02-03)
CRAN release: 2018-02-05
- Added ‘metadata’ function that allows the user to retrieve detailed metadata about survey.
- User can now convert specific question types automatically. See this page for more information.
- Using package httptest for mock API requests so that API calls can be tested.
getSurveyQuestions()now return a tibble
- Added .onDetach conditions so that environment variables (root url and API key) are removed when package is unloaded. This prevents issues if user decides to load the package again.
- We found that surveys that use new lines in the questions break the readSurvey function. The problem is, that read.csv (and read.table as well as the readr library implementation) ignore the quote = “"” option when a skip = 2 or skip = 3 parameter is set. As a result the read function slices off the questions row somewhere in the middle when first importing just the table body using skip.
qualtRics 2.2 (2017-10-27)
CRAN release: 2017-10-27
readSurvey()now takes an additional argument, fileEncoding, so that user can import surveys using a specific encoding. ‘fileEncoding’ can also be passed as optional argument in
getSurvey(). Added new parameter that reads legacy data format.
- Better argument checking.
getSurveyQuestions()now returns additional information. h/t @phoebewong
- Fixes several bugs and stability issues
- More informative error messages
qualtRics 2.0 (2017-06-16)
CRAN release: 2017-06-16
registerOptions()now takes more arguments. User can now set global options. See
qualtRicsConfigFile()for more information. Same options are now passed through
...in specific functions.
- Added appveyor testing.
- Added support for a configuration file to store API key and root url in the working directory.
registerApiKey()has been replaced by
registerOptions(). This function stores both a user’s API key and root url. Function also scans for a configuration file
.qualtRics.ymlthat contains this information.
- Added a new script called
zzz.R. When the package is loaded, the .onLoad() function in this file scans the working directory for a
.qualtRics.ymlconfiguration file so that the user doesn’t have to register this information manually.
- Added a new function
qualtRicsConfigFile()that prints instructions for the user on how to set up a configuration file to the R Console.
- Removed the
root_urlparameter from all functions that required it.
- Dates are now converted without a specific timezone.
- Added a new function
getSurveyQuestions()that allows the user to download a data frame containing question labels and IDs.
- Added parameter includedQuestionIds so user can select questions they want to download. Need to use the QID value from
- Updated examples and documentation of functions.
- Added the following parameters to
- seenUnansweredRecode: String. Recode seen but unanswered questions with a string value.
- limit: Integer. Maximum number of responses exported. Defaults to NULL (all responses).
- useLocalTime: Boolean. Use local timezone to determine response date values.
getSurveys()now retrieves > 100 results.
qualtRics 1.0 (2016-10-13)
CRAN release: 2017-04-26
- Added a new function
readSurvey(). This function is used in the
getSurvey()function but will also work with surveys downloaded manually from Qualtrics. Standard columns (completed survey/startDate/endDate etc.) are now converted to their proper data types. HT Adrian Brugger & Stefan Borer.
- User can only download surveys in CSV format, no longer in XML or JSON.
- Added several new parameters to
getSurvey()function. HT @samuelkaminsky & @eknud
- LastResponseId: If used, only responses that were filled out later than this ID will be downloaded.
- UseLabels: If TRUE, download will contain character labels. Else, download will contain choice labels.
- StartDate: Only download responses after this date.
- EndDate: Only download responses before this date.
- Survey downloads should be faster now;
getSurvey()no longer sleeps when checking download status. Also added progress bar.
qualtRics 0.03 [beta]
- User can choose to save results directly in a folder through ‘save_dir’ parameter in
- Results can now be requested in .csv, .json or .xml format. The packages
XMLare added to ‘Suggests’ in DESCRIPTION.
constructHeader()is now deprecated and should no longer be used. Instead, users need to call
- Added a new function
registerApiKey()which saves the user’s API key and header information in the
qualtRics 0.02 [beta]
- Renamed ‘base url’ to ‘root url’ such that it corresponds to Qualtrics documentation.
- The root url no longer requires API-specific endpoints. So e.g. ‘https://leidenuniv.eu.qualtrics.com’ now works for all functions. The API-specific endpoints are added in the functions itself.
- Institution-specific root url is now required by