- Relax assertion on language objects.
targets timestamps correctly in the help files of
names = NULL in
tar_map(), use hashes instead of numeric indexes for generated target names (#67). That way, target names are no longer sensitive to the order of
values, and so targets will incorrectly invalidate less often. Unfortunately, this is an invalidating change: some targets will automatically rerun after you install this version of
tarchetypes. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes. However, we do need this patch in order to solve #67, and targets will incorrectly invalidate less frequently in the future.
- Migrate to utilities for error handling and metaprogramming exported from
- Make the
*_raw() target factories process
command the same way whether it is an expression or ordinary language object.
- Ensure compatibility with
targets 0.5.0.9000, which logs skipped targets.
- Allow trailing commas in
tar_plan() (#40, @kendonB).
tar_age() based on
tar_cue_age() (#39, @petrbouchal).
- Implement new cue factories
tar_download() (#38, @noamross, @petrbouchal)
- Set intermediate temporary directory to remove race condition in
tar_render_rep() (#36, @gorgitko).
- Prefix internal condition classes with “tar_”.
- Add new format helpers such as
- Support hooks
- Deep-copy the cue in
crayon.enabled for literate programming.
- Switch meaning of
%|||% to conform to historical precedent.
- Skip literate programming tests if pandoc is missing or has an insufficient version.
- Use explicit temp files in examples even when running inside
targets::tar_test() already run code in a temporary directory.)
- Add comments in the examples to emphasize that
targets::tar_dir() runs code in a temporary directory, which means all ostensibly files created in the enclosed expression will actually be written to temporary storage and not the user’s file space.
- Make sure every function with a help file in
man/ has Rd-tags
- For every function with a help file in
man/, describe the return value in the
\value Rd tag. For each function that returns a target object or list of target objects, the
\value tag now links to https://books.ropensci.org/targets/, the user manual where the purpose of target objects is explained, and https://books.ropensci.org/targets-design/, the design specification which documents the structure and composition of target objects.
- Ensure that examples, vignettes, and test do not write to the home file space of the user.
- Ensure that no function defined in the
tarchetypes package writes by default to the home file space of the user. The paths of all output files are controlled by non-
tarchetypes functions that invoke