- Submit an issue on the Issues page
- Fork this repo to your Github account
- Clone your version on your account down to your machine from your account, e.g,.
git clone https://github.com/<yourgithubusername>/rgbif.git
- Make sure to track progress upstream (i.e., on our version of
ropensci/rgbif) by doing
git remote add upstream https://github.com/ropensci/rgbif.git. Before making changes make sure to pull changes in from upstream by doing either
git fetch upstreamthen merge later or
git pull upstreamto fetch and merge in one step
- Make your changes (bonus points for making changes on a new feature branch)
- Push up to your account
- Submit a pull request to home base at
Also, check out our discussion forum
If you do email you’ll get a slower response than if you open an issue at https://github.com/ropensci/rgbif/issues. It benefits everyone to have an open discussion in an issue.